Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ossorio Assemblages


Using Alfonso Ossorio as our inspiration, we created little Ossorio Assemblages on cardboard for drop-in-art at the OKCMOA in June.

Assemblage in art is a 3-D composition put together with found objects...or in our case an odd variety of purchased item you can get at a hardware store, craft store or dollar store.

I laid out the items in assembly line fashion for the kids to choose their objects.



Photobucket
crafting goodies

Photobucket
electrical items from hardware store

Photobucket
random plastic toys I bought at a dollar store.

Photobucket
Recycle! So many things to save lids for!

CAUTION: We did use glue guns to assemble our pieces for instant hold. Parents and I were there to assist younger children. You could use a craft glue and wait for your piece to dry, but it just may not hold some of the items.

To take this project further you could paint a small canvas or board and lay your objects on top of it.

We had a great time and here are some of the finished pieces!

You will need:
-background piece of heavy cardboard, wood, canvas etc. to assemble pieces on
-fun objects either made or found!
-hot glue
-imagination!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Insightful Brain said...

This is so creative. My children love making works of art from things around the house... I love this idea.

amy said...

Ooh this looks like so much fun for everyone! I think I will try it today thanks for the idea!

Beverley Baird said...

Now this looks like great fun!
Great idea!

Erin Laughpaintcreate said...

Thanks for the positive input everyone! If you make these on your own, I'd love to see examples! You can share them on my Flikr account. Have a Creative Day!

Erin

Crystal said...

I actually really love this idea! It may be intended for kids, but I'm a photographer looking for "still life" ideas to make and sell prints of, and I've been kicking around a similar idea for recycled treasures- great blog!

Tamis said...

Your students did lovely work.