Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tabletop Puppet Show



So, the favorite project from my Elmer's Kid's Craft Camp were the tabletop puppet shows. The kids really enjoyed making these fun little people all put behind a little theater that sits on the table in front of the performer.

We started with our Elmer's Bi-Fold Foam core board. I used my X-Acto to precut a square opening on the prefolded side of the board.

Photobucket

This should be done by an adult or with adult supervision as those blades are way sharp and I have cut my own fingers on them several times!

Now with each each of our theaters being cut and ready we use our X-Acto scallop and zig-zag scissors to cut and use our Elmer's Craft Bond sticks to glue down different papers. We do not paper over the pre-cut fold on the board because we need that to fold back when we are finished.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To add a little sparkle to our theater we use the most awesome pens- the CraftBond Gel Pens to write and color. Then we use a few dots of Elmer's glue and add various sequins. These are set aside to dry while we create little paper puppets.

Photobucket

We used our gel pens again to draw our characters. We used different colors of cardstock and glued them together with the Craftbond Glue dots and Tape. We attached a little craft stick to the bottom of each character and finished with some Elmer's 3D Glittle glue. Oh yeah, who doesn't love glitter glue!?

Photobucket

Photobucket

When everything was dry we turned our theater over and used the CraftBond Tape to attach fabric to the back. I recycled and used some of the packaging material Elmer's sent to me but you can use whatever fabric you have on hand!

Photobucket

Now set your theater up on the table and get ready for the show! So much fun!

You will need:
For Puppet Theater:
-Elmer's Bi-Fold foam core board
-X-Acto blade
-X-Acto Scallop and zigzag scissors
-Papers
-Craftbond gel pens
-Elmer's Glue dots, Craftbond glue sticks, tape
-Sequins optional

For characters:
-CraftBond Gel Pens
-Scissors
-Craft Papers
-Glue Sticks
-CraftBond Glue Dots and tape
-Craft Sticks

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Adorable! We made a puppet theatre too with our Elmer's foam core but ours goes the other direction.... yours is much more user friendly! If we make any more puppet theatres we'll be using your method for sure! : )

Fondly,
pink and green mama
MaryLea

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

This is Great! Love the puppets---so cute!

Unknown said...

THey must of loved this! That stuff is expensive. . . looking forward to hearing more about Elmer's sponsor are their headquaters in your area?

Barbara's Thought of the Day said...

Aw, that's adorable. I want to play, too!

Shauna said...

Wow, what a great and creative idea. I can't wait to make one of these with my little ones at home. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity. I would love for you to join my "All Things Wonderful Link Party" with this post. It is such a fun art project to share.
Take care and I look forward to looking around your blog.
Shauna
myshaenoel.blogspot.com

Erin Laughpaintcreate said...

Thanks everyone!

Mary Lea, I can't wait to see your Elmer's Craft Camp!

Melissa, Thanks for sharing this and I hope you have a great week!

Shauna, I will stop by your blog, thanks for leaving me a link! :)

VISIT US said...

I just want to say I’m new to blogs and certainly savored this blog site. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog . You amazingly have fantastic articles. Thanks for sharing your blog.

바카라사이트
야설
오피
마사지
출장마사지

Eden said...

I am waiting for your next valuable post. Keep on sharing

Hodge said...

I have read this article; it is very informative and helpful for me

Reign said...

Very informative and helpful for me. Great job you did